Are you in a fandom? Do you have a passion for Writing, Editing, Social Media, or YouTubing? Are you interested in fandom studies? If you answered “yes” to any of the questions from above, then you are a perfect fit and look no further The Daily Fandom wants YOU on their team!
The Daily Fandom is always looking for contributors who are looking for an opportunity to grow individually and professionally by becoming a Writer, YouTuber, Editor, or Social Media Manager. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, here are the requirements!
Although some say “Currently Closed” you are still allowed to apply. We will keep your application on file, and when we do open them up, you will be first in line for that particular spot.
IF YOU WANT TO BE A WRITER/CONTRIBUTOR [ALWAYS OPEN]:
We are looking for long-term, short-term, and sporadic contributors for the TDF.
- Good writing skills. We value quality over quantity here at The Daily Fandom. However, if you do not have good writing skills, still apply, we can work with you. Some references or examples of other things you have written (a portfolio, articles, fanfiction) will be excellent!
- One of the most important things after writing skills would be passion. We want you to have a passion for any fandom that you love. A passion enough to write about it and have fun doing it! If you do not love/like fandoms, fan studies, or fiction — you might get bored easily.
- If you have a presence on Tumblr and can show that you are interested in Fandoms, send us a link to that as well. We would love to see your work!
- Able to write at least one article per month in order to stay as a contributor for TDF.
- We prefer the English language — native or fluent.
- Bonus: If you are familiar with blogging or writing online content; especially for WordPress.
- Bonus: If you have studied or currently are studying media, cultural studies, or anything related to fandom and entertainment.
IF YOU WANT TO BE A SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER [CURRENTLY OPEN]:
- Have background knowledge of Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, and MailChimp.
- Can regularly update once a day and/or retweet, reblog, or create newsletters for the month.
- Knowledgeable about Buffer or HootSuite or any other scheduling website.
- Can dedicate at least 3-5 hours a week to help with social media platforms or platform.
IF YOU WANT TO BE AN EDITOR [CURRENTLY CLOSED]:
- REQUIRED that you are a writer (for TDF) for a set amount of months before you become an editor.
- Have a background knowledge of formatting, WordPress, and punctuation/grammar.
- Is able to dedicate a set amount of hours to be “on-call” and editing articles.
- Willing to work on new ideas for articles, the website, and other projects.
IF YOU WANT TO BE A YOUTUBER [CURRENTLY OPEN]:
- You have to have a good camera.
- HQ sound is also important. You don’t have to have a professional mic, but at least be able to filter out computer noise, etc.
- You have to be comfortable talking on camera.
- You have to be able to create your own content, although we would help you if needed.
If you feel like you could fit for one of these profiles, please write to us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Name you go by or alias you would like to use?
- Age and country of residence? (So we are aware of the time differences)
- Fandoms that you are currently in? (UP TO FIVE; we know there may be a lot for some)
- The role you would like to have? (Writer, Editor, Social Media Manager, or YouTuber)
- Things you would be interested in writing about? (Television, Film, Fandoms, Fanfiction, etc.)
- Portfolio/Academic background/previous experience? (optional)
- Can you write at least once a month for TDF?
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our team! 😀
The Daily Fandom